The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

So, it's amazing how suddenly our entire lives revolve around this tiny little person. Every moment of the day (and night) are taken up with diapers, burping, baths, bottles, and simply staring at this little angel. Very little sleeping gets done, but somehow it doesn't even matter. Below are snapshots of our new "everyday life."

The Good: the hard-to-capture-on-film smile. These are the moments that make everything else worth it.


The Bad: she's not so fond of diaper changes.


And The Ugly: projectile poop on the carpet. I've lost count of how many times Hank has had to scrub this same section of carpet.


I absolutely love being a mommy. I love all the coos and smiles and the smell of her hair. I love her tiny toes and holding her tiny hands. I love sleeping next to her and I love having to take a stroller when I go shopping. And you know what? I even love projectile poop.

Comments

Dirk and Trish said…
It's so true that those little smiles make up for a lot. I used to even enjoy the "2 am feeding" because she would look up at me like I was the greatest thing in the world. She still gives me that feeling! Glad things are going well. Hope to meet her soon.
Karissa Kay said…
Danica,
It's Karissa (Flanagan)! How are you doing? Your mom told my mom who told me about your blog! I had no idea you had a baby! Congratulations. It looks like you are all doing great! I have a blog too and I'd love to keep in touch. My blog is private, so i'll send you an invite. Take care!
Welsh Woman said…
You are both the cutest parents. And Danica you are the sweetest person that I know.
Hunter Family said…
She is Gorgeous! It's totally worth it!
Unknown said…
Awww....that was a sweet post. I'm so glad you're a mom now, because I can already tell how great you are at it!

Projectile poop huh? Lol. I didn't know such a little thing could DO that! It takes good parents to appreciate the beauty of projectile poop. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Aloha!

So Sleepy . . .