A Week in Review

Our life is made up of a series of boring little events.  Here are a few of them from the past week:

 A week or so ago, Cameron decided he was ready to walk.  He had started a couple of months ago, but he really didn't like it.  He would take a few steps then realize it was faster to crawl.  But then one day he was just ready.  He spent the whole day walking back and forth across the living room, just practicing.  Now he's a great walker!

Cameron also went to the Doctor yesterday for his 15 month check up.  He weighed 20 lbs 13 oz (7%), his height was 29.75" (10%), and his head circumference was 48cm (74%!).  Also, his first two teeth are finally coming in. He is obviously a little behind on his gross motor skills, which may be due in part to being premature.  But he says about 10-15 words plus a few signs, which is more than the 5-7 that's expected, so he's doing well with communication.


On Saturday our stake had a big Pioneer Day celebration.  I really got into it and did almost every activity they had, including eating a giant pickle and learning (and performing) a pioneer dance.   Hank was in charge of the stick pull booth.  They had a table there that was covered with beautiful baskets of bread and jam and such.  I asked what they were for and the man told me they were prizes for some of the games.  I really wanted one, so I looked around and saw the three-legged race.  I noticed that it was full of parents and children or 9 yr old boys.  I knew I could smoke them all if I had a good partner.  I found a small Asian woman from my ward and asked if she would race with me.  We beat everyone!  We had to do like 3 heats and we still won!  When I triumphantly went to collect my prize the man didn't believe that we had really won.  Anyway, in my basket were some delicious pretzel rolls.  we scarfed them all down that day.  So I found this recipe online and tried it out.  They weren't the same as the ones we had, but they were pretty good! 


For Father's Day I gave Hank a new business.  He's always loved working on computers and often fixed them for free.  I thought he should be making some money at it.  Check out his website www.svcomputerguy.com, and his Facebook page.  Now he has been pretty busy!  I couldn't even get the other side of the room in the picture, but there were several more computers.  I guess our small town really needed a good computer guy!


 Random picture:  We saw this school bus display at the grocery store and Jessica would not let us move on until we took a picture of every side of it.

 Well, I hosted the Tuesday Morning Bridge Club at my house today.  It went pretty well!  I don't know why, but I was kind of nervous for it.  I felt like my house had to be super clean.  All of these ladies, my friends, live near the country club.  They have very nice houses overlooking the golf course.  I, on the other hand, live in Huachuca City.  But everyone had a great time and I don't think anyone noticed the hand prints on the walls.
 I made Cranberry and White Chocolate Scones.  I was a little disappointed with them.  I've made the scone recipe several times and have loved them, so I thought adding the orange juice-soaked cranberries and white chocolate chips would make them even tastier, but they didn't.  Curious.



 My two blondies.  I just love how these two love each other.

Comments

Andrew Tolman said…
I guess you are gonna have to get cameron some shoes soon!
tricia said…
I love reading your blog! I am impressed with your baking skill and you have now got me craving those pretzel rolls. They look delicious!
Unknown said…
I love reading about your sweet, simple, happy life!
Brenda said…
So fun to catch up on your blog! Your kids are soooo adorable! I love that you play bridge with "old ladies" like me and don't worry, Austin has a seriously silver cap in her mouth too, it looks like she got her dentistry done in Mexico!

Popular posts from this blog

Aloha!

So Sleepy . . .