1st Anniversary

Hank and I celebrated our one year anniversary on April 19th. We spent an awesome weekend in San Francisco. I met Hank at the Shariton Hotel on Friday night. I was on my way home from Orlando. We went out to dinner then watched a movie in our room. On Saturday morning (our anniversary) we met our ward at the Oakland Temple. We did our own session of sealings. There was such a strong spirit there. The names we did were Native American names, so some of them were really cool. Our favorites were Dragging Canoe, Little Crying Bear, and Soaring Eagle Number 2 of the Paint Clan! We had already decided that we would make it a tradition to do sealings every year on our anniversary, but after that session we amended our tradition. Next year we will have at least one name of our own to bring. I think that will make it even more special.
After the temple we went into San Francisco. We got roped into going to a timeshare presentation, but it was okay because we got a lot of free stuff. We rode on a CityBus tour, then took a trip to Alcatraz Island. We accidentally stayed all the way till closing time and we were afraid we might be locked into the prison! We ate at Hard Rock Cafe to finish off the night. It was so fun!
The next morning we ordered room service and ate some of the top layer of our wedding cake. (Hank's mom kept in her freezer for an entire year, and I carried on my lap on the airplane home!) Then we drove home to Monterey.
All in all it was a wonderful anniversary. I love being married to my sweet Hank!

Hard Rock Cafe


Year old wedding cake...yum


Flat screen TV in our room! It was a beautiful hotel!


Hank, locked up in Alcatraz.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aloha!

So Sleepy . . .