Anna Denise Tolman



I know this is the first time I've mentioned this on my blog, but I guess it's about time. It has been three weeks since our daughter, Anna, was stillborn. I was seven and a half months pregnant when we went to Utah to visit family for the holiday weekend. While we were there I noticed that I hadn't felt the baby move for a little while, so Hank and I went to the hospital to check it out. When they did an ultrasound they found that her little heart wasn't beating. From early on in the pregnancy we knew that things weren't quite right. She consistently measured six to eight weeks too small and the doctors suspected a heart defect. They had told us that there was a possibility that she wouldn't make it, but we tried to keep our hopes up. So, when we saw her on the ultrasound, we knew right away what had happened. The doctor induced labor and after about 10 hours I delivered our little angel.

Anna Denise was born at 1:19am on July 4, 2010. She weighed 1 lb, 1 oz and was 11 in long. We got to spend a couple hours holding, bathing, and dressing our daughter. A professional photographer came and took pictures, hand and feet molds, and handprints and footprints. Both of our moms were there along with my grandma, sister Jessica, Hank's sister Amber, and our daughter Jessica. It was such a wonderful and special time. Jessica got to hold baby Anna and absolutely fell in love with her. She's been talking about her ever since.

On July 7th we had a burial service at Timpanogos Memorial Gardens in Orem, UT. We were so happy to be in Utah and be able to have so many family members there. We had a lovely ceremony and Hank dedicated Anna's grave. The spirit there was so strong.

We spent another week there with our families before coming home to Arizona. Hank is now back to work and Jessica and I are home again. We have been so blessed to have such great friends and family. We have been well taken care of. Thank you all for your love and support.

Hank, Jessica, and I are so glad to have such a beautiful little angel in our family. We are grateful for the experience we had to carry her to Earth and spend those few precious months with her. We look forward to being with our Anna again, and getting the opportunity to raise our daughter in heaven. As for now she will always be in our hearts and our memories.



Comments

star said…
Anna is very blessed to have you as her parents and Jessica as her sister. What a blessing to know what we know about families and the Plan of Salvation. You are in my prayers.
Brenda said…
Such a sweet post from such a sweet family. We love you guys!
Welsh Woman said…
Danica I didn't even know you were expecting. You and your family are such wonderful and strong people. We are so fortunate in our beliefs that we will see our loved ones again. I hope that all is well with you and if you ever need anything at all please don't ever hesitate to call.
Jaime said…
I did not know you were pregnant. Your post brought tears to my eyes. I can't imagine going through that. You are so strong and stalwart. My prayers are with your family. How wonderful is the knowledge that you are sealed with your family and will see your sweet daughter again! Even so, my heart goes out to you.
Sassyfrass said…
What a beautiful post. We love you guys.
Sarah said…
I'm so sorry for your loss. I always find comfort in knowing we will get to see our loved ones once again and you and Hank will have the opportunity to raise her in the eternities. I wish I could give you a hug!
Dirk and Trish said…
I am so sorry that you got to spend such a short time with little Anna. That post must have been difficult to write, but it was beautifully composed. Wish we could be close by to offer support, but know we are thinking of and praying for your sweet family. I'm so glad you were able to be with your families and spend some time with your sweet angel.
kristine said…
That was beautiful, Danica. We miss Anna too and think about her often. We are so glad she is close by. We love you! See you soon.
Shannon said…
danica, so sorry to hear about your loss. thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony. so touching. God bless you and your family.
Unknown said…
Such a touching and beautiful post. Anna is definitely one loved little girl. I'll be thinking and praying for your guys during this difficult time. ((Hugs to you and your wonderful family))
Sarah said…
Oh Danica, Thank you for sharing the sad but beautiful news of your daughter Anna. I love the family picture at the site - how beautiful a family as you all turn your attentions to having angel Anna. It's amazing to me that Jessica could even be part of this. May you continue to be blessed with family love and support.
I had been waiting for news, and am sorry for the sadness that comes with your experience.
Sarah said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Aloha!

So Sleepy . . .