Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, I'm 28!  And I'm really starting to look it...  But I had a wonderful birthday yesterday!  It was actually a pretty lazy day.  Hank made me crepes in the morning and then we opened some presents.  Hank went to work and the kids and I spent the rest of the day lounging around the house.  Last night Hank arranged for a babysitter and we went to dinner at a Japanese steakhouse.  Yum!  Jessica would not sing to me until we had a cake because it's simply not a birthday unless there's cake.  So, after dinner we finally sang and I got to blow out a candle.  Yes, those are "Brave" cupcakes. 
I certainly got spoiled this year!  Here are a few of my favorite presents: 


Hank gave me this awesome "photo board."  I chose pictures for it yesterday then we printed them out at Walmart last night.  I love it so much!  I decided to pick a theme for my pictures and then I'll switch them out whenever I feel like it.  These pictures are all from the cemetery at different times of year.


My mom gave me the shirt I'm wearing in the top picture, some cookbooks, and these super cute embroidery patterns.  I've been in a stitching frenzy lately and I'm so excited to use these patterns.  I got some t-shirts to stitch on for the kids today - yay!


My sweet grandma gave me some cute serving dishes and glasses.  She knows I'm a woman after her own heart with my love for all dishes.  


My good friend, Crystal, gave me these vintage Bridge playing cards.  This gift was so thoughtful!  She actually spent tons of time tracking these down and I couldn't be more grateful.  "Bridge?" you say. Yes.  I am obsessed.  I have been wanting to learn how to play forever, but it's harder than you'd think to find people who actually know how to play.  I am now part of a "Tuesday Morning Bridge Club" where I play with women who are all at least 40 years my senior.  It's so fun!  This gift came at the perfect time too because this Tuesday I'm hosting at my house for the first time.  

Speaking of Bridge, last week I asked one of the ladies to take a picture of us playing so that you could get an idea of what it's like.  She took a picture of just me.  Really?  Why would I want a picture of just me?  You can't even tell what I'm doing.  And of course, I was too embarrassed to ask her to take it again, so you get what you get.

I can't believe what a great birthday it was.  I know it's not all about the gifts, but I'm just so happy that everything I got was something I absolutely love.  It makes me so happy to think that people care about me enough to know all of my likes and tastes and take the time to think of me on my birthday.  Thanks everyone!


Comments

Jaime said…
Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like a great one.
Unknown said…
Lol, I love your blog. You're starting to look all of, I'd say, 21. Maaaybe. :) Glad you had a wonderful birthday and even MORE glad I got to be a part of it!
It must be true when I went to comment and say you maybe looked my age(20) and someone else had already told you that! Haha You're tiny and beautiful and sweet and all that'll be really nice to be the older you get :)

Popular posts from this blog

Aloha!

So Sleepy . . .