Firsts


Being a one year old, Cameron's life is full of firsts.  And a whole bunch of them seemed to come this week. His first teeth are finally coming in!  I was beginning to worry.  He also had his first accident where he actually bled.  He hit his chin in the bathtub and those new sharp little teeth cut the inside of his mouth.  Jessica cried for him, but he toughed it out.  

 He also got his first haircut (Just look at my previous posts to see the "before").  It was amazing how within a few minutes he changed from little baby to little boy.  He was a little bit wiggly, but didn't cry or whine at all.  He looks so handsome now!

He is now spoon-feeding himself.  He's been able to for a while, but I tried not to let him because it's a lot messier (is that bad?!), but now he refuses to eat if he can't do it himself.  I have to admit that he's pretty good at it and doesn't really make much of a mess, so I don't know what I was worried about.  

This first is really a first for me:  This is Cameron's first cloth diaper.  I have been interested in cloth-diapering since Jessica was a baby, but I never really looked into it seriously.  (I haven't ever been much of a green nut, but I realized that if we just did one cloth diaper a day we would be using 365 less disposable diapers per year!  That's good news for the environment and our budget.)  I just bought two to try out on Cam and if we like them we might do all cloth for our next baby.  So far, it's going pretty well!  

Also this Week...
We made a matchbox car track in our living room.  Seriously - hours of entertainment.  
(excuse the nakedness)

 We went to Brent's birthday party.  Brent is Jessica's "one true love"; her "King."  I used to babysit Brent when they were both just babies and ever since then Jessica has insisted that she is going to marry him.  He's pretty cute, though, so I don't argue.

Tonight Jessica and I went to a tea party.  One of her little friends had it in her backyard and it was so cute and fun.  The weather was perfect to just sit and visit while the little girls played.  

 Jessica practiced sticking her little pinky out and using her good manners.

Jessica, Brenna DeRoest, Taylor McCallister, KambreeWhitney, Lily Huxel, Harlow DeRoest, Ginny Huxel, Kaylee Whitney, Grace

Comments

Unknown said…
I saw the picture of Cam with the sound system and my first thought was, "thats definitely not a first!"

Popular posts from this blog

Aloha!

So Sleepy . . .