Purple Sand


Good News! We finally got our orders! We are officially moving to Arizona (not Korea!). Hank will be an instructor there for the next year and a half. We will be living in the city of Sierra Vista. It's about an hour south of Tuscon, right by the Mexican border. It's a small town in the middle of the desert. It should be fun!

So, since we're moving we decided we better hurry and see some of the sights around Monterey that we've been meaning to see ever since we got here. Today we went and saw the classic Big Sur waterfall. It was beautiful. It looks small in the picture above, but the water drops 80 feet to the beach below.

We also went to Pfeiffer State Beach. It was probably the most scenic beach I've ever seen. It is a very secluded beach surrounded by forests and cliffs. No, this is not a trick of the camera, the sand here is actually purple! It is so cool! I would definately recommend a trip to this secret little cove if you're ever in the area. (It's in Big Sur about 45 min south of Monterey.)


(I didn't take this picture, I found it on the internet)

Comments

Brenda said…
Wow - exciting! You'll need to brush up on your spanish!
Jaime said…
That's a very cool picture of the purple sand! We camped last spring break at Pfieffer state park but we didn't go to the beach. Since you got your orders, do you know any dates yet?
Michelle said…
Wow! That beach is absolutley beautiful! I had no idea!!!! I bet you are so glad to be staying in the states....
Dirk and Trish said…
We have 2 friends here that were stationed in Sierra Vista for a while. I'd be happy to ask questions or pass along contact info. if you ever need anything down there. So fun that he gets to stay! We're so NOT on the way, but you're always welcome!
Chrissy said…
We;re happy for you guys that you don't have to be separated! That will be an experience living so close to the Mexican border! The pictures are beautiful - I wish Mike and I had gone to a few more places- but alas- I guess we'll just have to explore our new home!!!! We miss you guys!
bradyandjess said…
oooh I love the pictures, an i love how you made that your banner, so pretty!
Sarah said…
I've never heard of the purple sand! Wow.

Congratulations on the orders and on moving on :) My sister was there for her husband's training and did lots of driving around to see the scenery. So when i drove by there on my way back east, i totally recognized it. I hope you enjoy your family's time there. Best wishes!
Whitney said…
Long time no see! I am so glad that you guys won't have to be apart for so long. We are actually moving to Arizona too! I map quested it, and we will be about 3 hours away. We should definitely get together sometime!

Popular posts from this blog

Aloha!

So Sleepy . . .