Bread of Life

I taught Relief Society for the first time today (and hopefully the last!) and I was so nervous! I actually already have two callings - 7 yr old teacher and Activity Days leader - so I don't really know why I had to teach in the first place. Then we found out Hank has to be at a field training for the next ten days so he couldn't even be at church. So I got a sub for my primary class. THEN Jessica woke up sick this morning so I couldn't take her to nursery! She came with me to RS and I just asked everyone to keep an eye on her while I taught. And of course she was wild and passed between like 5 women.

Anyway, despite all of that, my lesson turned out pretty well. It was about the life of Christ. I had planned a pretty short lesson, expecting everyone to make a lot of comments. Well, they made a ton. I didn't even get through half of what I had prepared. I just had to keep steering the discussion in the right direction because they got off subject easily.

As a little "object lesson" on the miracle of the 5,000 loaves of bread, I made 70 little loaves to hand out at the end of class. I included the scripture from John 6:35 that says:

I am the bread of life:
he that cometh to me shall never hunger;
and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

I don't think Jesus actually ate banana nut or cinnamon strussel, but they got the idea. I'm just glad it's over with.


Comments

Brenda said…
Wow! Very impressive, our RS teachers don't do that for us - jealous!
Welsh Woman said…
70 loaves!!!! you are wonder woman!
Jaime said…
You are in Activity Girls again?! Fun. I'm still there. We're making skirts this coming week. I'm impressed that you made all that bread!! It sounds like you did a great job on the lesson and everything--they'll probably ask you to teach again!
M.C. Sommers said…
You made 70 loaves of bread?!?! That is why they have you in three callings! You are absolutely amazing.
You are truly an amazing woman. Miss you and love you!
Hunter Family said…
That sounds so scary. I bet you did great!

Popular posts from this blog

Aloha!

So Sleepy . . .