Your mummy likes parties


Last year I wanted to throw a Halloween Party. One last shabang before the baby was born. She was due on Nov 7th, so I figured I'd have plenty of time. So, I got everything planned and stayed up till midnight one night making darling little invitations to hand out at church the next day. Well, the next morning I went into labor. I was so disappointed that I didn't get to throw my party! (Our cute little newborn helped me get over that pretty fast).

So, This year I am finally throwing my Halloween Party. I have been planning it for months. I couldn't easily salvage last years invites, so I made these little Mummy ones. They're supposed to be kind of like trick-or-treat bags. At first I was planning on just inviting a few couples over for a nice dinner, but we decided to invite everyone from Hank's work instead. Fifteen people and their families. I'm worried. Do you know how much food I'm gonna need? And we don't have a big house. Where are they all gonna be?

I'm planning on a few simple games (ie, bobbing for apples, donuts on a string), and then chili and cornbread for dinner. I'll give caramel apples as favors. Plus, now I have to figure out costumes for Hank and Jessica and I. You'd think I'd be totally ready for this, since I've been waiting for a year, but Jessica's party really distracted me.

I'll keep you updated on how it goes. Wish me luck!

Comments

Terril Family said…
You're so festive, like your mom. I always want to do things like this too, but I'm just a little nervous. I let all your same concerns talk me out of doing it. You'll do great. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Dirk and Trish said…
How fun! I love doing parties, dinners, showers, whatever! With that many people, I always do a potluck snack style dinner. If you're doing a full dinner, think of whatever you can multiply easily-spaghetti, soup, chili type thing?? Let me know if you need costume ideas. This year we're Hook, Peter Pan, & Tinkerbell.
Sarah said…
Sounds like fun! If David were ever home we would throw a party! We love having people over and making dinner. 15 sounds like a lot but Chili is so easy to make in the crock pot! Or you could have a chili contest and have everyone bring some chili!
If Grandma can fit ALL the family in her house, then you can do it. Just don't worry about it. It will be great!

Popular posts from this blog

Aloha!

So Sleepy . . .