Sunday Afternoon

Yesterday I, Danica, built my very first computer! It is our HTPC (Home Theater Personal Computer). Hank ordered all the components on the internet and walked me through putting it all together. We made it completely from scratch. Brand new case, motherboard, processor, dvd drive, ram, hard drive, power supply, everything! Then I loaded windows onto it and hooked it up to our TV. Since we don't have cable we just stream all our tv shows and movies straight to the TV. (We were using an old, broken laptop before and this is SO much nicer!)

This is me happily connecting all the wires.



Jessica is a very tech-savvy little baby. If there is something electronic around she is there in an instant...ready to chew on it.



In other news, several people asked if Jessica is walking yet. No, she is not, much to Daddy's chagrin. She can stand up all day, and she cruises around the furniture like a pro, but she will not take a step by herself. If I try to force her to walk holding my hands she locks her knees, digs in her toes and bawls her little baby eyes out. Needless to say, we don't try to force her. For her birthday she got some money so I bought her this cute little stroller. She walks all around the house with it! She can go pretty fast and steer really well. I think with a little more practice with her stroller, she'll be walking in no time.

Last, but not least, while I was finishing up the computer Jessica wandered into the kitchen and found the last of her birthday cake. She didn't feel like digging in on her birthday, but she sure had a hayday with the leftover frosting!

Comments

Terril Family said…
Cute!!! Sounds like Macy with the whole walking bit. Oh well, I've given up and decided I'll let her take her own sweet time.
And P.S. You are amaing with the computer building. I'm impressed. Mike and I should do that since we dont have cable either. However, we wouldnt know where to begin. Maybe you should build us one too.
Sarah said…
That's awesome that you guys built a computer! David's dad bought him computer stuff one year for Christmas and he built his own computer! We were using it as a TV computer but bought a different computer for that! Can't beat Hulu, it's free and you don't have to pay for cable!
Michelle said…
We got Emmory the same stroller. she didn't start walking until she was 14 months old. Once she did though, we have not been able to keep up since!! She is beautiful!
kristine said…
She is getting to look more and more like her daddy all the time. Sorry mommy. Even her hair is getting lighter. That's just how Hank started out, dark and then went toehead blonde. Oh and p.s. Hank didn't walk until he was 13 months! So back off daddy!

Popular posts from this blog

Aloha!

So Sleepy . . .