What's Up?

So, since we live so very far away from everyone, I thought you might want to know what we do on a daily basis. Here's our life in a nutshell, in no particular order:

Hank is going to school at the Defense Language Institute for the Army. He spends 8 hours a day in class learning Arabic. He is loving it. He is the only one in the entire school with a 4.0 gpa. That's my man!

I work part time at the Monterey Public Library as a page and a library assistant. That consists of putting away books and checking in and out books. I really like the job, but with my growing belly it's getting harder.

We go to (the LDS) church every Sunday in the Monterey Ward. We havea lot of great friends there. Hank teaches 11-12 yr old primary and is the 11 yr old scout leader. I am an Activity Days leader for the 8-12 yr old girls.

I am taking a Hula Dancing class which is really fun. It's quite a workout! We have our one and only performance next week. I am also in a walking group that walks up and down the beach each week.

Hank and I take a knitting class together, which is really fun. We are always working on our projects - while we watch tv, laying in bed, driving long distances - it's great. I'm also getting more into embroidery and sewing.

We will be starting a 7-week childbirth class tonight. Scary!

We recently got a nintendo wii and we love playing games on that. Guitar Hero is our favorite. We got a game pass at Hollywood video so we can rent unlimited wii games. We like to walk down to the Hollywood every once in while so we feel like we're getting some excercise.

Hank is playing a new computer game with his friends called Civilizations that he really enjoys. We also still like Lord of the Rings Online.

We like to have a date night once a week. We go to see movies, go out to eat, see the sights of the Monterey Peninsula, go to a farmer's market, or go on a double date with other couples.

I still sell Cookie Lee Jewelry and I plan on going to the Convention in Anaheim in a couple weeks with my sister, Jessica.

Hank and I are taking a trip to Panama next weekend. Hank served his mission there a few years ago and he has always wanted to take me back there. THe Panama Temple is being dedicated and Pres. Monson will be there speaking. We will only be there for one day (with 16 hour flights to and from!) but it should be really fun. We will stay with a family he taught on his mission.

We also like reading with each other. We're currently reading Total Money Makeover, Achilles in Vietnam, and Preach My Gospel. We are reading Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites aloud to our little fetus. :)

Hank is really into Forex trading online. It is kind of like stocks but it's foriegn currency exchange. He has had fun looking for new patterns and he has had a lot of success so far.

Well, those are just a few of the things that keep us busy and happy. Just thought you might like to know!

Comments

Brenda said…
You're flying all the way to PANAMA
for ONE day????? I hope you're flight's free! Take lots of cool pics to make sure you remember every second! I'm working on your fetus' baby blanket and it is going to be very cute, just like you! P.S. It's closer to see Pres. Monson in SLC!
Sarah said…
That was a neat life-in-a-nutshell - i learned a bit!
Panama sounds neat. Both of your needleworks are looking SO good! And i'm way impressed with the 4.0... in Arabic at the DLI? wow!!
Mark Tolman said…
16 hours is a lot better than my about 31 hour flight to and from Panama, but I get to stay for 18 days MWHAHAHAH!

Popular posts from this blog

Aloha!

So Sleepy . . .