Panama

Well, this is a little belated, but we went to Panama last weekend. It was so fun! These are the Castillos - Hank's favorite people in the world. He taught them on his mission and they were nice enough to let us stay in their home, drive us around all weekend, and cook us delicious food.


This is my new friend Rosi. She was so sweet and she spoke English! Hank wanted me to learn Spanish so no one really spoke English around me, but when I really needed to understand something Rosi would translate for me. (Check out my super-swollen feet!)

We went to a cultural dance celebration with President Monson presiding. It was really cool.

When we got home Rosi dessed me up in her authentic Panamanian costume. That headdress was so heavy! It was after midnight, but it was still about 80 degrees and that dress was hot!

This is the beautiful Panama City, Panama LDS Temple. There were tons of people there and Hank recognized a lot of people from his mission.

Comments

Sarah said…
How really neat that you got to go to Panama! LOVE the pix of you in costume :) So neat for Hank to see old friends.
i'm also glad your ankles recovered. comes with the pregnancy territory, eh?
Unknown said…
Lol, your feet and that dress are both so cute! Glad you had a good time and got to experience such an important part of Hank's life. You're really pregnant now, I bet!

Popular posts from this blog

Aloha!

So Sleepy . . .