The Joys of Bedrest

So, as you may or may not have heard, this pregnancy's not going as smoothly as we had hoped. Don't worry, I feel fine, and the baby's doing great; it's just a matter of keeping him in there. Apparently I have "cervical insufficiency" (which is probably why Jessica was born 4 weeks early). It basically means that I am dilating way sooner than I'm supposed to. And for those of you who've heard of this condition, no, I can't get a cerclage because I'm too far along (I'm now 27 weeks). Anyway, I've been prescribed bedrest to help me keep as much weight off my cervix as possible. Earlier this week I had a doctor appointment in Tucson and we stopped at a park to let out some energy beforehand. It was a beautiful day and Jessica loved swinging with Daddy!
















So, now that I've been stuck lying in bed all day, I've had to get creative with my forms of entertainment. Hank set up a pretty sweet entertainment center for me in the bedroom so I can watch movies and TV and use the computer. But in an effort to not become a TV zombie, I've tried to come up with other things to do. I've been reading, planning Sharing Time lessons (for someone else to give), working on Cookie Lee things, taking an online Book of Mormon class, starting The Me Project, and cross-stitching. This is the progress on my latest project. It's a Mary Englebreit wall hanging. It's going to be so cute!
Oh, and just so you know, we've had tons of help from friends with keeping Jessica occupied. She's been playing at friends houses in the mornings while Hank's at work and she's had so much fun. We're so grateful for good friends.



In other news , let me introduce you to the newest member of our family. Our puppy, Bisbee! She's the cutest little thing you've ever seen. She has so much energy! She and Jessica are just like siblings - it's so funny to watch them play...and fight. It'll start out all fun and games, but soon it turns to yelling and biting and crying and barking. It's hilarious. But we sure love our little Biz!



Comments

Linnea said…
I'm so sorry that you have to have bed rest. I can't believe how hard that would be with another little one to take care of. I'm glad that you have friends to help you! I can't remember... do you know what you're having?
Linnea said…
Oh, I didn't realize that I was logged into Linnea's account. (:
tricia said…
WoW! I really am amazed at how optimistic you always are. I am impressed with your projects and how well you are handling being on bed rest. I really hope this helps and you can keep that baby in there for a little longer.
Welsh Woman said…
I love the picture of your puppy and Jessica! Just adorable! I hope that everything is going well and that you won't go crazy with bed rest :) Good luck with everything Danica!
Chrissy said…
Glad to see you were able to get out for a short while:P Good for you for using your creativity! The cross stitch looks great! I bet there has been a lot of "I love Lucy" going on! Sorry we can't be there to help with Jessica. The dog is so cute by the way- hope she feels better soon!(and Hank too!) We'll miss you guys next week, but are glad you are doing well:P

Popular posts from this blog

Aloha!

So Sleepy . . .