Remembering Anna


September 24th was Anna's (official) due date, so we went up to Utah to see her newly placed headstone. We invited our families to come out for a little picnic at the cemetery. It was a beautiful day, and a nice way to remember our little girl.


Click on the picture to see an enlarged view of Anna's headstone. Jessica pointed to the engraved baby and said, "Anna" and then pointed to Jesus and said, "Jesus." It's amazing how clearly she understands everything that's going on. Sometimes I think she understands more than we do.


Soon after we got home from Utah in July, a friend brought us dinner and these beautiful mini yellow roses. They weren't doing very well indoors, so I looked it up online and found that they could revive if planted outside. When I went out of town in August Hank planted them outside for me. For a couple months nothing happened and we thought they were gone. Then the other day we went outside and saw blooms! They're so tiny and gorgeous.



October is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. So many women (1 in 5 pregnancies) suffer miscarriage or the loss of a baby and feel that they're alone. I know that I didn't think much about it until it happened to me. If you know someone who has had such a devastating loss now is the time to let them know that you care. Even years later, mothers and fathers need to know that their precious loved one is not forgotten.

We went on a "Walk to Remember" the other day. It was a 1.5 mi walk or 5k run. Then they had a poetry reading and balloon release. Check here to see if there's an event this month in your area. I also made super-easy pink and blue ribbons to wear this month. (Email me if you'd like me to mail you one.)
"We Walk for the Steps They Will never Take"

Anna, we love you and will always remember you.

Comments

Shannon said…
Danica, thank you so much for this information. i had a friend who recently also lost her baby girl. i was suprised to see that there will be an event in our town this month and will pass along the info. thanks again.
Terril Family said…
That was a really sweet post. I feel so much for your loss, but am also amazed by your strength. You are truely an amazing mother and woman. That's neat that Jessica understands where Anna is. I'm sure, although it's so hard, that the knowledge of where she is makes things easier on all of you. Please know that I will be thinking of you especially during this special month devoted to pregnancy loss and awareness.
Unknown said…
I think of you guys a lot and I think you're such wonderful parents, and wonderful people! Anna's headstone is just beautiful. She will definitely always be remembered.

Popular posts from this blog

Aloha!

So Sleepy . . .