Happy Valentine's Day!

Since V-Day was on a Sunday this year, we went out to celebrate the night before. We got a babysitter (woohoo!) and went out for an early dinner to Daisy Mae's Steakhouse. It's kind of a hole-in-the-wall joint here in Sierra Vista, but we had eaten there five years before, so it was kind of romantic to reminisce. They even sat us at the same table as last time! Then we headed to Bisbee, kind of a hippie town tucked away in the mountains. We went to their annual Chocolate Tasting Festival in the historic library. Heavenly!


Sunday, we started out our day with our traditional Valentine's Breakfast. My mom always makes a big breakfast for V-Day...so I do too! We just had waffles with strawberries and whipped bream, sausage and bacon (I splurged and bought really expensive bacon for Hank and I even liked it!), and yogurt and granola parfaits. Simple, yet delicious!



After the baby went to bed we had a little romantic snack while we watched a movie. So fun! Hank was so sweet, he bought Jessica a little stuffed puppy and she loved it. I should take a picture of her with her first Valentine.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Comments

Brenda said…
Welcome back to the blogging world, I've missed you!
Jaime said…
Everything looks so great! I had a lot of good intentions that got half done. Nice to see your post.

Popular posts from this blog

Aloha!

So Sleepy . . .