St Patrick's Day Brunch

I threw a little St Patty's Day Brunch this morning for a few girls from my ward. It was so fun! I had such a great time planning for it. Hank couldn't understand why I would put so much energy into a little brunch, but I told him that entertaining is my "hobby." It went really well, and Jessica was an angel for me so I could actually enjoy it.

The "tablescape." Sandra Lee would be proud.


I used these cute little vases of flowers as placecards/favors.


After scouring the internet and magazines for ideas, I really couldn't find anything that suited my taste. I wanted to do something kind of formal, but all I could find was beer cozies made out of felt. So, I pretty much had to come up with my own ideas. I spent hours making the invitations (much to Hank's dismay), but they turned out so cute! I wish I would have taken a picture of one. For the food I decided on some Irish things and some green things. I used honeydew melon, green grapes, and kiwis for the fruit. And I used a shamrock-shaped cookie cutter for the scones. I tried to make mint water, but it didn't end up tasting very minty. I also served orange juice, although I played with the idea of Brazilian lemonade (limeade). I went semi-homemade on the quiche and corned beef hash by buying a pie crust and frozen potaoes o'brien. I did most of the work the night before, so it was actually pretty easy to pull off.



Three babies within 3 months. They enjoyed our get-together as much as the mommies did. (Jessica's the middle one.)


Well, I had so much fun that I decided I'm going to make this an annual thing. I already have all the decorations, afterall. The idea is that years from now, people will anxiously await Danica's St Patrick's Day Brunch....we'll see.

Comments

You are amazing!!! That looks awesome and yummy :) I am glad you had fun. I love all the babies!!
Brenda said…
How fun! The "tablescape" looked amazing, Sandra Lee would be proud!
Chrissy said…
Wow- everything looks amazing!! It sounds like it was so much fun!
bradyandjess said…
wow, that looks awesome! I better be invited next year!
M.C. Sommers said…
That is so adorable!!! How fun that you all have babies the same age! I will definitely be looking forward to Danica's St. Patrick's Day brunch in years to come!
Unknown said…
Lol, that's awesome...I love it! Oh how I wish I had your entertaining / cooking abilities. I don't even know who Sandra Lee is! This whole thing has made me very hungry, I'll have you know. I really want some quiche now! :p
Jaime said…
Sounds fun and yummy! It is cool how you had all the babys in a group.

-Linnea

Popular posts from this blog

Aloha!

So Sleepy . . .