Our Very Busy Day

In an effort to procrastinate our packing till the very last minute, we have been keeping ourselves busy with other fun activities. Here are just a few of the fun things we did yesterday:


Mothering Skills Class: The Art of Breadmaking. My good friend Starlyn taught a class on making homemade bread. This has been an obsession of mine lately, so I had a really good time.



While we were at the class Jessica was getting very upset with me because I wouldn't let her eat the bread. So when we came home I decided to let her try her first solid food. Banana baby food. She LOVED it! As soon as the spoon hit her mouth for the first time she was in heaven. She kicked her legs and laughed out loud! Let the messy days begin!



Then we went on a Whale Watching Tour. We have lived in Monterey for a year and half and hadn't done this yet, so we had to squeeze it in before we left.

Jessica was bundled up nice and warm. Combined with the added padding of the lifejacket and the rocking of the boat it was the perfect conditions to drift to sleep. She slept for the entire 3 hour tour!

We were lucky enough to see these humpack whales. They came pretty close to our boat and stayed with us for quite a while.


In the evening we went to Lula's Chocolate factory for a tour. It was really cool to see the inner workings and to have some samples. Yum!


Hank in his oh-so-attractive hairnet next to the biggest mixer I've ever seen.
What a fun day. I love being tourists in our own town - there's so much to see!

Comments

Michelle said…
I had no idea that Monteray had so many tourist attractions! Sounds like there is so much to do!
Dirk and Trish said…
Fun! Do you use a bread machine? I just HAD to have one and I've never used it, but I love the taste of fresh bread.
Love the boat pics-sounds like fun. That life jacket looks so big on her. What a cutie!
I bought an I Love Lucy barbie set today and thought of you. :) ($15 at big lots for 2 barbies-Lucy and Ethel working in the chocolate factory)
Chrissy said…
What fun! Mike and are sad we didn't do some of these things- but maybe at another visit! I can't believe how big Jessica is getting- solid food!!! That's awesome- and yes prepare for many messes!!!! We are still washing food out of Joshua's hair-although at his age he puts it there on purpose!
Sarah said…
What a great first-time-feeding-food experience! wow :) Lila never minded it, but it took her a while to want it on her own. Now... it's a 2 going on 3 times a day requirement. Yeah, it's growing on her.

3 hour nap... wow. Great boat! ha. that's great that you went and did it. The Lula's tour - i meant to do that before leaving.

great set of pictures/events!

Popular posts from this blog

Aloha!

So Sleepy . . .