We're Moving!

We have lived in our house here in Huachuca City, AZ for three years and eight months.  The longest I have ever lived anywhere in my life was four years (from 3rd to 7th grade).  It has really begun to feel like home here.  We live in a tiny town.  I mean tiny.  No stop lights, no grocery store.  Just a Circle K gas station.  Sierra Vista, however is just a few miles away.  That's where we do all our shopping, go to church, and just about everything else.  It is a very small town too.  We had a celebration when Walmart finally opened.  

When we first moved here I was pretty skeptical.  It is very...desert.  I mean cacti everywhere.  We can literally see Mexico from our house.  It took me a long time to get used to the lack of restaurants, craft stores, and normal people.  But now, surprisingly, I think I'm going to miss it.  I've made a lot of really good friends.  I've been the Primary President in my ward for the last couple years and have really enjoyed serving my fellow ward members.  I even really appreciate the beautiful sunsets over the amazingly vast desert.  

But the time has come for us to move on.  Hank accepted a new job in Norfolk, Virginia!  He will actually be doing the exact same job he does here (conducting pre-deployment training for the DIA), they're just opening a new branch there and need instructors to transfer.  He did get a good raise (which will cover a little more than the higher cost of living), so all in all we think it will be a good move.  Plus, I have always wanted to live in Virginia.  I think that fact may have made Hank pursue the job.  I visited VA a couple times when I was younger and I absolutely fell in love.  

We figure now's as good a time as any to try living there. Our kids are young enough that they don't have to change schools or anything.  We're excited for a new adventure.  Okay, the star on the map below is where we live now in AZ.  The blue marker is Norfolk.  I think it takes like 37 hours or something to drive there.  Ugh.  VA will be a huge change.  Big city, trees, grass, snow!  Plus more sight seeing than we'll be able to do in a lifetime.  Yay!



The day we first moved in to our house in May 2009.  Jessica was 7 months old.  I'll be sure to take another picture the day we move out.  


It's a small house, but we like it.  We are going to rent it out when we move.  The market is horrible right now for sellers, but being so close to the military base, we should be able to rent it easily.  

And just for fun...


Look at this boy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aloha!

So Sleepy . . .