My week "off"

I have officially been a stay-at-home "mom" for one week. And I love it! What a wonderful, busy week it's been:

Thursday - Knitting group in the morning and Date Night. We decided on the very exciting date of BBQ take out and watching the vice presidential debate. Sadly, I got food poisoning from our dinner and was up all night.

Friday - Ward play group in the morning (I have to get to know some moms now). Then I had an FRG meeting in the afternoon. I am now one of the heads of the Battalion Family Readiness Group. That means that I plan activities for the entire DLI. It's a big job that I am hugely underqualified for. I had a meeting with the battalion Commander (head hancho at DLI) to plan our first big activity.
Then I had a very successful Cookie Lee show hosted by my good friend Jaime Zuniga. We had a great turnout and made about $500. Plus I got one new booking and two potential recruits! Click here to check out the catalog.
After the show I drove 20 minutes out to Borders for a Knitting Guild meeting. I met Hank there, knitted for 10 minutes, then we drove home separately.

Saturday - General Conference! What a relaxing way to spend the day - listening to our prophet and apostles speak. During the break between sessions we took a short trip to Carmel by the Sea. We bought a fancy hot chocolate (it was rainy) and a chocolate croissant then strolled through a couple of shops I'd been wanting to see. After the priesthood session Hank and I went to see the movie Eagle Eye. I liked it, Hank didn't...odd.

Sunday - Another relaxing day at home watching conference. In the afternoon we took a walk on the rec trail down by the beach since it was such a beautiful day. I wore my pedometer and we took 5,490 steps, even with my huge belly!



Monday - A day of Doctor appointments. I accompanied Hank to a dr. appt in the morning for a pinched nerve in his back. Then in the afternoon he came with me to my dr. appt. The doctor said everything is going well with the baby and we talked a little about our plans for labor. Only 4 weeks left!
Then we drove up to San Jose (about and hour and a half) for a Forex seminar. The whole way up I was being kicked really hard and I was in a lot of pain. We ate dinner at Red Robin and my stomach only hurt more. I laid in the backseat of the car for a while before the seminar started to see if it would go away. And it did. Once we got into the meeting I started having contractions (don't worry, I have been having them since week 17). They didn't hurt, but they were coming every 2-6 minutes. After an hour of this I finally got up and called the doctor. He said to just give it a couple hours and see if they stopped. And they did. Weird night.

Tuesday - I went to a "lunch club" with a few ladies from my ward. Everyone brings a dish to share and we just visit for a couple hours. That night we also had a "recipe swap" where we all made an appitizer to share and brought the recipe along to swap with everyone else. It was a busy day of cooking.

Yep, that was my first week off work. Sorry if I totally bored you. So far, I've been so busy that it really doesn't feel like I've had much time off.

Comments

Brenda said…
Enjoy your "time off", you'll never have a "week off" again after next month! At least for a few (!) years. It's so exciting that your cute baby is coming soon!
Sarah said…
I had fun at the shower! Here's my blog address like I promised you!
sarahndavidspencer.blogspot.com
Right now it's kinda boring because I haven't posted much to it but it should help us keep in touch with people! Can't wait to see your cute baby!
Brenda said…
Woo hoo! Baby is here - congrats! She will be fine - we're praying for her - good job!
Unknown said…
Your "four weeks left" changed pretty quickly, huh?! I hope all is well and your daughter is a happy and healthy baby. Let me know how everything's going IF and when you have a chance. Congrats to you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

Aloha!

So Sleepy . . .