Virginia!


 I know it's not much of a post, and it's pretty late in coming, but we made it to Virginia!  The photo above was taken at about 6am on the day after Christmas as we were leaving our house in Arizona.  Besides acquiring a couple of family members while we lived there, we also seemed to have put on a little weight...

It was a long, four day trip across the country, but it was actually a really nice drive.  We went through ten different states and got to see a lot of really neat scenery.  We arrived in VA on Dec. 30th, and spent the next two weeks in a hotel.  We finally got moved into this little townhouse (which is actually bigger than our old house, but for some reason it feels smaller). It has stairs, a fireplace, no backyard, and a mean old lady neighbor who bangs on the wall whenever we turn on the TV.  We thought that it wasn't supposed to snow here, but we have gotten a couple days of pretty cold weather.


Since we've been here, I'm sorry to say that we really haven't done much of anything.  My energy is just about non-existent.  It's all I can do to keep the kids alive and try to unpack a box or two.  It's been slow-going, I tell ya.  We have tried to explore a little, though.  We spent a day in Williamsburg, we've gone to the aquarium, the library, and the children's museum. Even though we live just a couple miles from the ocean, we haven't actually gone to see the beach yet.  It's just too cold.

So, just to update you, I'm 33 weeks along now.  The baby is doing well, although a little on the small side.  I don't know how that's possible, though, cause I feel huge.  I am going to the doctor twice a week (ugh) to do non-stress tests where they monitor the baby's heart rate.  I'm still getting a shot of progesterone every week, I'm taking iron supplements for anemia, and I'm taking extra protein and fiber along with regular prenatal vitamins.  Phew.  And, we still have not come up with a single name that sounds right.

In other news, I've been trying to cook more and healthier foods and it's actually been pretty fun!  I've been reading a ton of books from the library that have really inspired me.  Since we came here with absolutely no food I've gotten to build an entirely new pantry of food.  It's really nice (and expensive) to start over and have only intentional and healthy foods in my house.  I've been trying to cut out more processed foods, so I've been making a lot of things from scratch: bread, yogurt, granola, graham crackers, marshmallows (not healthy, but delicious!) etc.  I also signed up for a cooking class in March that I'm really looking forward to.

Jessica and Cameron are doing well, but are going a little stir-crazy.  We have only one car now, so when Hank takes it to work we're stuck home all day.  And Mom's too tired and lazy to walk them to the park.  It's pretty funny, our floor plan downstairs is kind of a loop and sometime the kids actually run laps around the house because they have so much pent up energy.  We're all really looking forward to Spring.

Anyway, we're here!  Yay!






Comments

star said…
I could have written this same post! We moved to a townhouse in VA, I'm 30 weeks pregnant, we've not gone much of anywhere, and my kids run in circles on our main level! We'll have to plan some sort of get together, especially with the Barnums... a Monterey reunion!
I feel the same way with the no energy from pregnancy.. and it being too cold to go outside.. and the being stuck inside at home with a stir crazy child part.. haha. I feel like a bad mom - sometimes Lilly and I go 3 days without leaving the house even once! And all the real sunlight she sees is when I crack the back door open to throw a diaper out! Can't wait for warmth and a normal body again! Glad you guys are enjoying it there. I can't believe you're so far away! Looking forward to when our new lil baby girl cousins can meet eachother :)

Popular posts from this blog

Aloha!

So Sleepy . . .